The ALLIANCE FOR NATIONALISM AND DEMOCRACY (ANAD) calls on all Filipinos to take a serious look on the need to amend some provisions of our Constitution and not harp solely on the issue on the extension of the term of office of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. The main issue here is not President Arroyo but on what is best for our people and country. I voted in the affirmative for House Resolution 1109 to make our constitution more attuned and responsive to the call of the times.
ANAD believes that putting in place a Unicameral System or a Federal form of government could be the best move to make as these would save more than enough funds that the government could use to strengthen our democratic institutions and people’s well being. In the present bicameral system, the upper house or the Senate, aside from practically unnecessary duplicating the legislative functions with the House of Representatives, could be a good avenue for corruption especially during elections where each candidate conducts a nationwide campaign for a seat in the Senate. This entails a lot of money to spend. The next question then would be – How would these candidate recover the money they used during the campaign? The present presidential-bi-cameral form of government is definitely weak. Obviously, this breeds corruption from the top to the lowest rung of governance.
A federal form of government is also a wise and good move considering the devolution and decentralization of power and authority from the seat of national governance to the different regions of the country.
The issue of PGMA’s possible extension of office is an issue raised and twisted to high heavens by the Maoist communist agitators and pseudo partylist groups because:
1. They abhor and disliked a change in our constitution, either in form or substance. Any change of system would negate all of their intentions and motives in conducting street protests and other anti-government actions;
2. The demented minds of Maoist communist agitator-propagandists’ choice is to constantly target PGMA because they prefer the present set-up of government in support to their political aspiration of putting 3 of their cohorts in the Senate, through their communist front political party MAKABAYAN. If this happens, it is just a few steps away from the penultimate position of power in government; and
3. They wanted this condition because it feeds on their appetite to sow discontent, disinformation, and public disorder among Filipinos and even the international community of nations.
Why are those against HR 1109 harping on this concern if they believe that the President does not have the support of the majority of the Filipinos? Why were the Maoist communist agitators, especially those in the pseudo Partylist groups, silent and never protested nor questioned then President Corazon Aquino’s appointing members of the Constitutional Commission in l986 and not truly reflective of the people’s mandate? The truth of the matter is that they are afraid of their own shadow. This is the very same shadow that they themselves created! They are now totally out of touch with reality. Their only motivation is putting in place a situation in furtherance of their own revolutionary agenda.
Let us admit the fact that there are flaws in the l987 Constitution. These flaws need our immediate attention and action to be able to respond to the demand of our people and the call of the time. We should rise up forthwith not because of our emotions but for a more noble purpose of not allowing the Maoist communist CPP-NPA-NDF to exploit the issue.
The current situation is very serious and critical. Indeed, our country needs people who can readily stand up and ably respond to the demagoguery wrought by the Maoist agitators who have successfully influenced different sectors of the Filipino community, to include the religious.
Truly enough, ANAD will not be surprised to see these personalities on the streets during the mass actions during President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo’s State of the Nation Address on July 27 and chanting anti-Charter change and other anti-government slogans.
It is high time that I call on the members of the House of Representatives who voted affirmative to HR 1109 to come out into the open and explain their respective position. We have our sworn duty and obligation to explain this to our people. A united front on pro-charter change must be established and mobilized to explain to the people the whys, wherefores, and other imperatives appurtenant to HR 1109 and not to leave it up to any one man alone.
The same call holds true for government and all freedom loving Filipinos. There is only way to enlighten our people. This will only happen if we “come out of our own cowardly shells.” Our continued silence is only what the enemies of freedom and democracy wanted.
We must always be reminded of British statesman Edmund Burke who said - - - ALL THAT IS NECESSARY FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS WHEN GOOD MEN DO NOTHING.
- ► 2011 (21)
- Digos massacre should be an engine for peace, say...
- ORDER OF BATTLE ISSUE
- DIGOS MASAKER: 20 anyos nang naghihintay ng kataru...
- Press Statement of Samahan Ng Mga Biktima Ng Komun...
- Laak Bantay Bayan, a unified effort of LGU, DILG, ...
- Addendum to the continuing atrocities of Maoist CP...
- Maoist way of celebrating Philippine Independence:...
- HR1109 should be viewed in a wider context and not...
- Bukas na Liham ni Lerma "Ka Liway" Bulaklak
- The UNSEEN PLAN of the Puppets of MAO
- ANAD denounce the murder of Pitao’s sister
- ▼ June (11)